TOPIC: Help

Help 1 year 1 month ago #92601

• Phil Hartin
  • Phil Hartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Thank you received: 0
photos.app.goo.gl/Rjd4fOYTE2i5q8B02

Could I move the overflow from the fuge here so I could just use one set of baffles? Now that I am looking at it again I was thinking of some sort of open bottom made with pvc or maby egg crate so I could have my heater on the bottom and out fo the way I have a Colbalt 300w with duel elements. Just got a new one from warranty,the one I had was leaking about 11 volts in my tank.
I think that's about it for now hope you can help me with some measurements especially the baffles and the skimmer department and overall height or should I say the depth.I know if I need to I can set the skimmer on a stand.
I'll stop right there as you are probably lost as to where I am coming from lol hope not.
Did u get your new pictures of your aquarium and everything yet?
The Google Photos app is great you can make up albums and everything I think it's the easiest way to go.
Thx Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help 1 year 1 month ago #92603

• allenjj
  • Administrative Aquarist
  • Administrative Aquarist
  • Thank you received: 335
  • Honor Medal 2015
My fuge has a direct feed into a weir then flows over into the fuge. The weir helps keep bubbles from accumulating and helps disperse the flow. I am not sure I would worry about micro bubble going into the sump. I am a big fan of live rock and have 500 lbs of live rock in my sump (my sump is 125 gallons). I like GFO and only use Carbon occasionally to polish the water. Hope that helps.

John

Help 1 year 1 month ago #92604

• Phil Hartin
  • Phil Hartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Thank you received: 0
I would really like to see some pics of everything. As far as the weir goes could you show me pics it makes it allot easier for me. And the drawings that I have now do you see anything that you would change ?
Back to the best way to go. I was originally thinking a 20 gallon regular aquarium. The 30 inch long with itBut there're only 12 inches high. A 20 gallon tall Is 17" x 24" long This to me looks like a better option and I can put my own baffles in it. What do you think?

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds