Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help

Help 9 months 3 weeks ago #92564

• allenjj
  • Administrative Aquarist
  • Thank you received: 335
  • Honor Medal 2015
Happy to be helpful and always happy to answer questions. Im usually busy with work during the week but free at times over weekends. Private message me or email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can set up time to meet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John

Help 9 months 1 week ago #92597

• Phil Hartin
  • Phil Hartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi John how have you been busy I bet at least I am. I did some of your first posts on you aquarium really can't wait to see what it looks like now.
I have a picture album with all my ideas and ?'s I really need to fix my system and by the way unless you can talk me out of not liking the way the fuge is hooked in I hate it.
Here's the picture album photos.app.goo.gl/BzT8fFrj3M4leiI73Thanks Phil

Help 9 months 1 week ago #92598

• Phil Hartin
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Junior Aquarist
here's a pic of what I was thinking what do u think?
photos.app.goo.gl/tqCaZxsqo4NRaaNx2

Help 9 months 6 days ago #92599

• allenjj
  • Thank you received: 335
  • Honor Medal 2015
I actually like your plan as it dumps the nutrients right into the fuge before flowing into the sump.

John

Help 9 months 6 days ago #92600

• Phil Hartin
  • Junior Aquarist
  • Junior Aquarist
Wow really thx I have been trying to learn.Okay now can you help me with the actual build? I have split the return and will put the 2 ball valves in to regulate the flow. Now where it enters the sump by the skimmer I was thinking of having that partition filled with some live rock ruble but don't know if thats right and then how should that be as far as the water flow to the skimmer? leave it open on the bottom? Then we go to the skimmer and I would like to make it so that section of the sump stays at one set water level and thats also part of wjere and how the baffles are set up right? Right now on the sump set-up I have when I shut it down for feeding or say a power failure (I have a gen) the whole sump fills up to the same level so if I am shutting it down I wait just a bit after I turn on the return pump before turning the skimmer back on if you can see where I am coming from. So if I leave my skimmer set-up like it is and use the foam pad with the water exit on the bottom of the skimmer witch I really don't understand or think it's the most efficient way to have it but don't really know. But saying I do for right now then I have the baffles that act as a bubble trap and a water level controller right? Now as I was looking at my diagram I see that I will need another set of baffles where the overflow from the refugium dumps into the sump for micro bubble control right?
So as you can see I still am not sure of a few things like I have already mentioned but also the size of the whole set-up? I have 50" to work with and my fuge is 16" so that leaves me 34' left for the sump. give myself a little room for everything ! think 30" is the right #. I was thinking of using a 20 gal aquarium but at the same time they don't have the height that I think I would like I think? I am using a single BRS reactor now but think I would like to change that so I could run GFO in one and carbon in the other but I would like to know your thoughts because I really don't know what's best. Also one last thing for now that I just thought of is the drain inside the refugium? Should I put like a sprsy bar on the end like a tee fitting with some ends on each side caped and the slotted so the water from the return going onto the fuge is defused a bit?
I will redo by diagram and put notes and ?'s on it for better understanding I hope
Phil

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds